Dr. Dmitry Sokol and Dr. Thomas Boettcher of Village Green Dentistry introduced a new way of imaging into their Lincolnshire, IL practice this past spring.
It’s called 3D ConeBeam Imaging. It’s fast, simple and completely painless. In this quick and easy 10-20 second scan Dr. Dmitry Sokol and Dr. Thomas Boettcher can view the most anatomically accurate 3-D images of the mouth, face, and jaw from any angle.
How Does It Work?
The 3D ConeBeam Imaging system is basically a digital x-ray scanner mounted on a rotating arm. (Like a digital camera, it uses digital technology to record images instead of old-fashioned film.) It’s called “ConeBeam” because the scanner projects x-rays in a carefully controlled, cone-shaped beam.
Drs. Sokol and Boettcher can then pull up whatever views they need on a computer monitor: 2D, 3D, “panoramic” views of your entire mouth, even sequences like pages in a book. They can view your images from any angle and in different magnifications, to see the relationships between bones, teeth, airways, nerves and tissues; to plan or evaluate your treatment.
And while 3D ConeBeam Imaging produces the same kind of high-quality images as a CT (CAT) scan, it does so with less radiation.
How Is It Different from Ordinary Dental X-rays?
Typical dental x-rays just focus on your teeth, and for each x-ray picture, you need one exposure. It would take many exposures to even begin to compare to a single 3D ConeBeam scan. This 3D ConeBeam Imaging at Village Green Dentistry shows much more than one dimensional x-rays. This new technology provides more complete visual information in order for Dr. Dmitry Sokol and Dr. Thomas Boettcher to study your case from every angle.
Why Do I Need It?
Whether you’re just beginning treatment or evaluating the results, 3D ConeBeam x-ray images give your clinicians at Village Green Dentistry more of the high quality, detailed visual information they want for diagnosis and planning.
3D Imaging Benefits for the Patient:
- Offers Dr. Dmitry Sokol assistance in dental implant placement with the highest level of surgical predictability resulting in successful surgical outcomes
- Provides more accurate images
- Helps both Dr. Dmitry Sokol and Dr. Thomas Boettcher recognize serious problems sooner
- Allows the entire staff at Village Green Dentistry to share information with other healthcare professionals: surgeons, physical therapist as well as insurance companies, as needed
- It produces over ten times less radiation compared to a Medical CT
- Reduces surgery time
- Within minutes of the scan, Dr. Dmitry Sokol and Dr. Thomas Boettcher are able to offer patients an immediate virtual diagnosis and treatment plan – possibly all in one visit
And because it’s available to patients at Village Green Dentistry hospital visits and multiple appointments can be avoided!
If you would like more information on 3D imaging, please call our Lincolnshire office today! We are excited to share more information about this advanced technology with you.